Monday, July 9, 2012

Torn between two (other) loves...

Okay, before all, we're runners and we practice that sport all year round, rain, snow or shine, so there is no question that running is for us to stay in our lives until our joints fall apart or our muscles quit.

Today, I want to talk about our competing affections for two opposite seasonal activities: Alpine skiing and mountain biking in its cross-country form, that is, without the aid of any lift.

I'd probably start by saying that I'm biased towards skiing, because of all the sports that I practice, I've been doing it for the longest time, yet when I push on my pedals, I often realize that alpine skiing really is a lazy-man's job!

This said, while skiing remains my very first love, mountain biking is slowly but surely gaining ground over it and looming large, especially this season, that started so early and that – barring any accident or problem - is shaping up to be my best mountain biking experience in eight consecutive years!

No comments: