Sunday, July 8, 2012

Zen and the art of bike maintenance

Okay, I'm not talking about Robert M. Pirsig's famous book, I am just trying to bring up the subject of dealing with the simple, yet complicated machine that is a mountain bike.

Sure, I can do a few things, like repairing a flat tire or even repairing a broken chain, but when it comes to disk brakes and derailleur, I'm not that good. I should learn though...

 Today, I tried to tune up my wife's rear disk brake, but I couldn't get fully satisfied with my work so I had no choice but take the bicycle down to the shop to get the problem resolved by some more expert hands.

Will I ever be able to fully take care of my bikes? I don't know for sure, unless of course, I take a job as a bike mechanic to really learn how to handle the elusive art of bicycle maintenance...

No comments: