Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Thirty five year running!

Today, I completed my 35th year of running 5 days a week; this already represents some 29,097 miles (46,788 km)! It all began in New York, in July 1977.

While I remember that I began out of concern that I was going to get fat without exercising, I also remember having discussed the merits of running with Tom Leroy, during a sales meeting in Aspen, earlier that year.

He had then suggested I pick a copy of “Aerobics” by Kenneth Cooper, which I purchased and subsequently read. My first running course was about 3 mile long and meandered between Scarsdale and White Plains where we rented a small apartment.

This morning, as I completed another daily run in the company of my wife, I can certify that all my joints and muscles were in perfect order and still looking forward to running for many, many more miles!

No comments: