Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Illogical song (and dance...)

No, I'm not poking fun at Supertramp's hit song, even though we recently saw its former founding member Roger Hodgson performing it at Deer Valley Resort, I'm talking about XM-Sirius song and dance about their satellite radio rates.

My subscription came for renewal, so following what I had read on the net, I declined to renew and yesterday, a sparkly young lady called me in order to get me back into their audience. She said the yearly rate would be (around) $175 a year, but she'd “waive” the $15 re-activation fee of my account.
I answered: “To much.” Without missing a beat she goes: “Well I have that 'special' that's only $86 for a year...” I reply: “How much with tax?” She goes: “ $101...” I say: “Still too much!” She comes back: “What about another 'special,' $30 for six month with tax?” I jumped in and took the offer.

Where's the logic in XM-Sirius pricing? Nowhere to be found, for sure...

No comments: