Sunday, August 5, 2012

When addiction collides with age

If it's true that we have developed a serious dependance towards running, walking, biking and a number of physical activities, we need to recognize it and manage it well. In the midst of all that, we also are advancing in age and our performance in terms of mental judgment, reaction time, vision and balance isn't necessarily going in the same upward direction as that devouring addiction.

Some adjustment is probably needed, but how much and how fast? I don't have much in terms of reliable stats to help me in that regard so I can only estimate it and play it by ear. At any rate, I should definitely “plateau” my performance expectations before commencing any serious downshifting. Any recommendations about some appropriate schedule?

No comments: