Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Deer Valley, Canyons, 50% more skiing...

Yesterday, I did a pilgrimage of sort by skiing Park City Mountain Resort. If you know me or read my blog, my two favorite lifts on that mountain are Jupiter and Thaynes. Ask any good skier and their response is likely to be the same.

Yet, this two lifts are from the early 70s. They are desperately slow and by the end of a day, you don't get much ski done. I took the time to measure it and my conclusions are pretty staggering. If you are an extremely good skier and spend your time at Canyons or Deer Valley you'll get an extra 50% more skiing than you would at Park City Mountain Resort.
Or, if you did it in the reverse, that is, if you skied Canyons or Deer Valley and decided to switch to Park City, you'd lose 33% of your total skiing (that's how percentages work...) With this in mind, there is no contest; until Park City speeds up its two best lifts, they won't see much of me on the mountain; my time as a skier is counted and therefore very, very precious!

No comments: