Thursday, December 6, 2012

When I was “demoing...”

Exactly forty yars ago today, I made the trip from my home town in the Alps to Storlien, a small ski resort tucked somewhere in the northern parts of Sweden.

I was part of the French ski instructor demo-team in these days and we were supposed to show the Swede how to tackle turns the Gallic way while Ingemar Stenmark was getting ready to dominate the world of skiing.

Were our hosts impressed? I can't quite remember. Was the skiing good? Not really as good as Chamonix! What about the food and the drinks? Not great, but okay; I was much younger then and not as picky as I am today...
Now, tell me, the girls? They were so smart, they had remained in Ibiza, Spain to work on their tan.  The entire experience must have been a bright spot in your career?  No, because it was so dark in that early winter season, with the sun coming at 9:30 am and leaving before 3 pm; this was far too somber for me!

No comments: