Saturday, December 15, 2012

Sad update...

On Wednesday, I heard that Dick Needham, who was America's Ski magazine editor for many, many years, died at 73 in Sarasota, Florida. Dick was a wonderful person and I only have very positive memories of him.

He was on my address book and was also my Facebook friend. His Facebook page is still on and only God knows for how long... He is my second Facebook buddy to go, following my countryman Denys Liboz who left us on April 2011.

I just deleted Dick Needham's record from my Gmail address book and I will no longer send him any emails. Just pressing the delete button is, in a way, my manner of mourning him in this digital age. That doesn't feel good and it probably is not, but I guess we better get used to that new way of moving on. RIP, Dick.

No comments: