Friday, December 7, 2012

Puzzled by the new skis?

As a skier who would like to think he's still relevant, I need to understand the ins and outs of the new equipment that each year hits the market. I used to be “front and center” in that crazy business when I was active into it, but not anymore.

I'm now relegated to the role of a very ordinary user and it's paramount for me to understand what kind of skis I need to cruise without having to expand too much energy and be able, with one single pair, to move from “groomers” to deep, fluffy snow, and still look reasonably balanced, dignified on my boards and won't exhaust myself within a couple of hours.

Since I shoot videos for Deer Valley Resort, I have decided to launch some investigative reporting that may shed some light as to what the ideal board is for me. Rossignol will be providing the advice and I'll produce the video, so please, stay tuned for the results!

No comments: