Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Aging Castro

I'm talking of Fidel. He's not the revolutionary he used to be. From the last photograph that I've seen of him, there's a noticeable decline.

While I 'm disappointed to see him not wearing his trademark Adidas warmup suit anymore as he's now going for Umbro clothing (I had seen another recent picture of him wearing Fila), I can only speculate that his former loyalties are now vacillating a lot and I would also admit that he now looks old, a bit passé, and just as tired as his political persuasion.

If Fidel were a skier, he could only go on groomed runs and gentle ones with that. No more bumps, no more crud or deep powder snow. No helicopter skiing either and no gates anymore. The season of podiums would be over for him.

Après-Ski?  Sure, why not after all; perhaps just a couple of Budweisers. Even the worse American beer, after the CIA, wouldn't still be able to kill the aging tyrant!

No comments: