Tuesday, February 12, 2013

If I became Pope...

Yesterday, I was teasing you about applying for the open Pope position. Today, I'm more serious; what would I do if I were the new Pope? I would reform a few things with one single goal in mind: Bring the Catholic Church into the modern era and make sure it can survive the kind of developed society every human aspire to entering at some point of time.

So, what's my program? Ready, here we go: I would end the priest celibacy and open it up to women as well, take a stand on overpopulation and promote effective birth control, I would actively engage Jews and Muslims, apply the teachings of Christ, cut-down into St. Peter's pageantry and bring democracy into the way the Church is ran.

I would secularize the Catholic doctrine so it becomes a practical life road-map, in synch with our times. I would turn certain dogmas (Virgin birth, etc.) into allegories, moving away from hard-truth and by so doing, would re-motivate the entire congregation. This, I know, is “preaching to the choir” as it's also what the largest majority of Catholic are desperately wanting and hoping for.

Don't hold your breath, though, I'm not Pope just yet...

No comments: