Monday, February 25, 2013

Breaking the Facebook habit...

Since I've become a Facebook “regular,” I've just spent too much time on that busy but rather unproductive medium.

Sure, it's supposed to keep me abreast of folks lives I know and like, but what do I get out of that almost voyeuristic endeavor? Nothing of substance, really. I'm aware of a lot of gossip, some jokes, people were-about and the like, but have not gained much from it in terms of deep knowledge or self-improvement.

Worse yet, it burns up too much of my precious time! Is Facebook, another mental “chewing-gum?” Probably. So what am I going to do about it? Take an extended break from it. Who knows, I might learn something in the process...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you'll see it's easy. i did it for pinterest and freed up oooogles of time. more time to spend reading blogs again in fact ; )