Thursday, July 17, 2014

Controlling but letting go...

I'm talking about the delicate balance that exists in mountain-biking, on a downhill ride, between over-controlling and letting go. This season, I was quite tense on my first outings as I held tightly on the handlebar, the brakes and my mind while riding down to the point that I had cramps in my hands.
Sometime too much control can be counterproductive, like it is when driving on slippery roads or piloting a plane in stormy conditions.

Letting go just enough is good and can be a savior if we still keep enough control of the whole process from by being just there, but by refraining from tight, obsessive handling.

Of course, this is easier said than done and mastering these conflicting extremes only comes after hour of practice, but it shows that once more, whether it's mountain-biking or just living, less is always more and overdoing things is the least efficient way of managing...

No comments: