Monday, July 28, 2014

Stranded in America?

As a mature person, I typically read obituaries because they begin to involve my peer group. I do it mostly on my French hometown newspaper, because in this era of cheap phone calls and free email, no one, that I know over there, would have the decency or the common sense of letting me know. I end up being well informed, but it's just because I make the super-natural effort of digging it out.

So, yesterday, I was stopped in my thoughts when I read that Marie-Jo, Jean-Claude Page's wife, a friend of mine, had passed at the age of 65 two days earlier. No one had bothered to let me know and the ones who might even have thought about it, probably shrugged it off, thinking or saying: “Why bother, this guy will know it before us, he's got internet...”

No comments: