Friday, July 18, 2014

Welcome to honey medicinal power!

On July 8, I took a very bad spill as my bike threw me out over the asphalt and my knees, hands and elbows got badly bruised. Always over-optimistic and hoping that my injuries would heal as they normally do, I choose not to go to the doctor and instead, did my dressings myself.
Well, things didn't go as planned and, in the end ,my right knee wouldn't heal at all and hurt terribly. Then on July 16, I ran on that video posted on Facebook in which a French TV news report was touting the virtues of honey, used as a conventional therapy in fighting infection. That of course, was up until the early 20th century, at which time its use eventually vanished with the advent of penicillin.

It was showing that in certain French hospital, the use of honey in wound care was rediscovered and showing impressive result. Out of a leap of faith, I tried it and while the healing process hurt like hell, the next day my wound was making stupendous progress towards healing.

Yesterday, as I saw my doctor for my annual physical exam, he examined the scab and told me that it was healing well and that I shouldn't worry about it... Wow! I'm sold on honey!

No comments: