Monday, July 14, 2014

The art of losing...

Yesterday, I was rooting for Argentina, because I liked their flag colors, we share the same hemisphere and I'm a fan of Pope Francis. Well, they lost to the Germans, so I was a bit disappointed, but yet I didn't cry.

I remained stoic and felt that in a duel like this one, there has to be one loser and one winner, so when the die is cast and you lose, you might as well be very, very gracious about it. In fact, you can never be too gracious. To me, that's a devious but very astute way to steal a big chunk of the victory away from the winner.

The opposite is also true, being a sore loser never fails to give extra wings to the winner. This way, if you have to lose, you can limit your losses and even gain admiration by spreading unbounded kindness and fair-play!

No comments: