Sunday, August 17, 2014

Guess who came for dinner?

It shouldn't be news to the readers of that blog. I regularly interact with Jesus through Skype. So it wasn't long before Jesus accepted an invitation for dinner. Unlike what you would expect, he didn't make an “apparition”.

As one official in Heaven had mentioned to me earlier, “We don't let our senior executive do 'apparitions' anymore. It's too complicated and requires to much paperwork after the fact; we've bought a few drones and we take them where they're needed. No need for pilot or crew, no fuss!”

So I wasn't surprised when I saw a one-passenger, flying-saucer drone, parking in our driveway late afternoon yesterday. We were all uptight and I had prepared a few “talking points” for the occasion. Gaza, Ebola, Ukraine and ISIS, to name a few. Then we had dinner. My wife had prepared some delicious rabbit along with sauteed potatoes, green beans fresh from the market, salad from our veggie garden and we drank a bottle of Argentinian Malbec. For dessert, we had Häagen-Dazs ice cream.

We ate on our covered deck and when it was time to leave, Jesus said: “The dinner was delicious, but the conversation was such a bore! Life isn't that fun at home, so when I make the effort to come to Park City, I'd like to talk about skiing, mountain-biking and hear a few dirty jokes...”

As he closed the hatch of the drone, he added: “You guys better make some substantive efforts!” Not knowing what else to say, I answered: “We'll do our best, I promise...”

No comments: