Tuesday, June 16, 2015

House hunting, 30 years ago!

Just today, on June 16, 1985, I came to Park City to find a house for the family and I zeroed-in on one that I liked.

Since my wife had stayed in New York with the children, I went to Radio Shack and rented a Sony camcorder that recorded full-size VHS cassettes, to give her an idea what kind of home I was suggesting. I've since lost that footage, but I remember that the end result was dark and made it quite difficult to see what we were getting into.

The house, that we would later purchase following my spouse's stamp of approval during a quick trip she took there two weeks later, had a bull's eye window just over the entrance door.

I remembered catching a glimpse of the top of Jupiter (you couldn't see it today, the trees have grown tremendously and blocked all mountain views) and there was a leftover snow patch. It was a bit smaller than the one I snapped today, three decades later...

No comments: