Thursday, June 25, 2015

Learning to be content with what's left!

Many years ago, I wondered - and sort of dreaded - how it would be like to grow older, mostly in the physical sense; I was assuming that my mind would stay clear for a while...

It's true that few records can be found to address that subject of aging and objectively the downhill path. I've tried to find some kind of stats about it, but perhaps because there's nothing to rejoice about, they seem totally hidden from view and that's one of the reason I keep personal record and try to measure my own rate of decline.

What I found so far is that the key to happiness in growing old is to be content with whatever we still have, acknowledge at the the same time that we're no longer the way we used to be and that there's nothing wrong with that. Have I fully assimilated that new reality yet? Probably not, but I'm committed to work on it!

No comments: