Sunday, June 21, 2015

Waiting for the other shoe to drop...

Things are going well, even perfectly. No reason to worry or fear anything and then, bam! Something bad happens, unforeseen, often not surprising, but quite unpleasant nonetheless.

How do we respond? In many instances, we love to deny it and wish we could stay inside our comfy cocoon and ignore the whole new situation. After years of life experience, I generally don't dwell on accepting or denying that new reality that just crashed on me. I just draw a blank on its unpleasant taste and immediately go to work in an effort to curing the problem.
I waste no time, I'm always propelled by an ingrained sense of urgency that some may take for over-reaction on my part, but it puts me instantly on the path to mitigating the unpleasant event. For me, this works beautifully, at least until some other shoe drops again!

No comments: