Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Long-term goals and fear management

As I was laying awake in the middle of the night, it occurred to me that I have two different types of fears that are managed in the back of my brain by my long-term goals; in other words, what I want to achieve between now and the time I cross the finish line that's the end of my life.

First there is my lack of fear that I sense when my subconscious mind tells me something's doable and I should not worry about the outcome. Then, there's the kind of life-preserving fear that make me pay attention a lot or renounce a move, just out of self-protection.

A certain form of social fear remains the third fear of mine that I don't seem to be able to manage at all and has nothing to do with my goals, so for now, I'll forget about it!

No comments: