Thursday, July 2, 2015

Severing ties with Crédit Agricole...

Over two weeks ago, I got red around the collar when my old French bank wouldn't release the few Euros that still were sitting at their Morzine branch.

My repeated complaints escalated to the point that I had to contact the institution's CEO and it took another 10 days for his immediate subordinate to manifest himself, offer a solution and somehow apologize for his bank's lousy service. By then, I had had enough, I had written a check in Euros from that deadbeat bank and deposited it on my local account, in Park City.

Today, when I went on line to check, the amount, it had just been debited, emptying the account. In the meantime, Pierre Fort, Jean-Yves Barnavon's right hand man, made another excuse for its bank's lackluster customer service, writing in an email: “Without construing this as an excuse, our employees must follow drastic procedures when our clients request overseas wire transfers, particularly when the USA are involved. This, in part, explains the delay...

Well, good try Mr. Fort, but this sounds like unadulterated hogwash, your staff is a bunch of lazy and dogmatic bureaucrats on their way - I hope - to rapid extinction...

“Adieu, Crédit Agricole!”

No comments: