Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy (?) Birthday...

Not so long ago, I had another birthday and for the occasion we had a wonderful family dinner prepared lovingly by my wife and daughter. It was a delightful and fun evening.

Sure, birthdays don't ring as pleasantly these days when another new year isn't necessarily a harbinger of dreams to materialize, plans to unfold and exciting new things to happen.

At my age, they are too often about wondering when the next (bad) shoe will drop if we happen to see the glass half-full.

In my case, as I am still a rather optimistic guy, I'm just looking forward to see all the good things that grace my life to last as long as they can and to spoil none of the future moments that are still in store for me.

To me that's the new way of celebrating another birthday while keeping my hopes high and my smile wide!

By the way, happy new year!

No comments: