Wednesday, June 14, 2017

The funeral luncheon

Besides a few bills, we don't much exciting stuff in the mail these day except for some catalogs and advertising postcards.

The only regular solicitations we receive is mostly for hearing aids, financial seminars meant to separate ourselves from our savings, (burial) life insurance and, related to the later, we received yesterday a nice invitation to attend a barbecue party organized by a nearby funeral home that wishes to sell us its services.
To me, the mere word “barbecue” coming from a mortician conjures pictures I don't even want to place into my mind's eye and since the organizers are based in the midst of “Mormon Country”, I seriously doubt wine or beer will be served to accompany whatever the fares end up being.

I guess we'll just pass...

No comments: