Sunday, November 26, 2017

A different start to ski season #65

Friday, November 24 was my first day on skis, less than six month after I last skied Snowbird late May in some slushy snow.

The snow was even a bit worse that Friday, and to exacerbate things, it was significantly scarcer.

Still, our local resort had made lots of snow which was melting fast under a 55 degree weather. I rode the lift with a huge variety of people (very few locals, but mostly visitors) all unique in their styles and conversations...

What usually is a rather boring run became challenging as the snow was so bad and tricky, plus that huge, vicious moguls had formed in the steeper parts of the run.

Thankfully, when I showed up to ski, at around 1:45 pm, disgusted skiers had already returned home, if they had showed up at all.

A bad ski day for sure, but being a ski day, a wonderful time for me, as always!

No comments: