Thursday, November 2, 2017

Mad optical illusion

A few days ago, Park City Mountain began to make snow; it was cold and they probably wanted to test their snow-making equipment.
 As I picked-my binoculars to see how much they had cover, I discovered two strange elements: There was a lift tower (A) and a top chairlift station (B) that I had never seen before.

I looked up the resort website to no avail, besides, there was no way they could have built all this while we were away early October or without even telling the world.

I drove up the mountain to get an alternate view and discovered that the mystery chairlift was pure illusion.

For those of you familiar with Park City, the “Mystery Lift” was in fact the Lady Morgan chairs, about one mile away in Deer Valley, that appeared perfectly aligned to the Park City mountain side.

Morale of the story, whatever we believe we see or understand always depends on the point of view we take!

No comments: