Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Trust in God?

For a few months, now, I had noticed a growing numboer of the Utah "In God We Trust" license plate. I thought this version was only available to some die-hard religious folks willing to fork up a few extra bucks.

I was wrong; this religious plate has now joined “Ski Utah!” and “Delicate Arch” as a standard license plate option for Utahns since January 2017.

The reason for this extra free choice was explained by our God-fearing Governor Gary Herbert who said: "...it's a reflection of God's omnipotence and his love for us as his children, so I think this is a good reminder for us that in God we do trust... I think that will help us guide this state and help us guide this nation..."

Then he concluded his incredible statement by adding: "For example, (President) John Adams said our Constitution was made for only a religious and moral people... In a time when we see the challenge of God and worship of God and religious rights being threatened, I know that's a concern."

I had forgotten we lived in a Theocracy.

No comments: