Friday, September 14, 2018

Another ski-dumb-dream

I had a vivid dream last night. With a bunch of friends, we were climbing the Hauts-Forts, a peak overlooking my home valley in France, with the intent to obviously ski it down.

While I distinctly didn't remember having any skis on my back and was kind of struggling hiking up, in the company of friends, that I could see carrying their own skis on their backs, some even dragging up what appeared to be electric generators, I realized upon reaching the summit that my boards were on my feet.

On top of the normally barren mountain, there was a small creek water flowing on the top spine and a nice shelter where my friend Michel Duret, once a ski manufacturer, had artwork hanging in there.
Then within mere seconds, - dreams travel super fast - the scene dissolved into Daly Chutes #4 a popular, short couloir, in Deer Valley, Utah, in summer, with a seemingly impossibly steep ravine we were supposed to ski down.

Then, I finally woke up without my skis on, this time...

No comments: