Thursday, September 27, 2018

My dream job?

Recently, my wife asked me: “What was your dream job?”

Well, that was a good, yet complicated question. As a kid, my talent was in my left hand. I had a gift for drawing cars and all sorts of objects or people.

I could have answered my spouse's question by saying I might have been a car designer or an architect perhaps, but that would have been without taking my roaring passion for skiing out of consideration.

True, this is why I became a ski instructor for a while, but without a steady activity to provide me with some revenue the rest of the year. That's when I said: “I should have been a ski sales representative!”

That's right, a rep, traveling around and calling on ski shops, transitioning at first with ski-instructing and eventually mixing that passion with a good mean of earning my living, but in the end, my professional activity ended up being 99% in that retrospective target and I would have gotten bored very fast, repping for a living.

So, at the end of the day, I pretty much hit my goal and have nothing to complain about.

No comments: