Sunday, September 16, 2018

Back studying Japanese?

In the 1990s, I used to travel to Japan a lot and had decided to learn Japanese.

Little did I knew then about my dwindling determination to learn another foreign language, not to mention a totally new alphabet, having, until that time, tackled three European languages in addition to my native French, all with roman alphabets.

In a nutshell the attempt wasn't a resounding success and except for a few usual words, some banal phrases and counting to twenty, I didn't have much to show for my laborious efforts.

Soon, I will find myself in a situation that could benefit from uttering again a few words in Japanese.

So, I dug out my old book and I also looked for apps that could help me, only to find that the best one, for what I needed, might very well be “Google Translate” which I already have.

So here I am, brushing off my old and feeble Japanese with some great, 21st-century technology!

No comments: