Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Dream of flying?

There's a guy in Park City, that owns a two-seater Robinson R22 helicopter and each time it hovers over my head, it makes me very envious. I would love to own of of these puppies.

Notwithstanding the fact I'm a bit too hold for getting into flying a chopper, the cost of owning and operating one is simply super-onerous!

The purchase price alone is about $300,000 and the cost of operating and maintaining it is no less than $300 per hour if I flew as much as 1,000 hour a year, but since my usage would be much less, the hourly cost would skyrocket.

Well, I guess it's nice to still have dreams at my age, and I can only console myself by thinking that owning such a bird is exactly like having a boat or a RV; it comes with only two days of unmitigated pleasure: The day it's purchased and the day it's sold, with a lot of financial suffering and self-doubt in between, assuming there isn't a crash too!

No comments: