Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Rock-eating snowblower!

My 28 years old Honda snowblower has been a loyal servant all these years and is remain priceless asset this snowy winter.

It always has started on the first pull and aside from changing a broken shear pin it's been working flawlessly.

This is not the first time that I must change broken shear-pins on my snowblower, but this is the first time I broke the pin securing the impeller that blows the snow upward into the discharge chute.

Usually, it was always one of the pins holding the two horizontal augers. The impeller is much harder to reach and ejecting the broken pin as well as replacing it with a new one involves the use of a mirror and is no easy task.

I checked YouTube and there wasn't a single video on how to do the job (yeah, I should produce one!). So, I had to think, improvise and the machine magically resurrected, I tested it, finished the work I had left the day before and all worked perfectly.

If your snowblower gives you trouble, and if it's a two-stage design, don't hesitate to ask me for tips!

No comments: