Thursday, January 17, 2019

Thaynes run's magic

There's a ski run in Utah that's like no other, in ways that are hard to describe and it's Thaynes, at Park City Mountain.

I've always loved that run and this season is not exception. In fact, it's the only run that often still takes my breath away. Granted, it's short on just 856 feet of vertical (260 m) just longer as a FIS slalom, but it feels much more than just this.

I don't ski down Thaynes, it literally swallows me and forces me to tumble non-stop through it, flying down its insane profile. It seems that I have no choice but go fast and literally “float” over its wavy, bumpy and changing terrain.

It's always hard to explain all the magic this run triggers in me, but I can't think of one single run that come even close to it among all the places I've skied in the world...

No comments: