Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Skiing: Quality over speed or quantity!

When I retired and began to ski my heart's content, I wanted to catch up for all the years I couldn't ski as much as I would, and particularly during eight long, New York ski-deprived years.

So, when I returned to skiing in earnest, I skied fast and logged as much vertical as I possibly could. Today, things have changed a lot, and to paraphrase a famous Beatles' song:

“When I was younger so much younger than today 
I never needed anybody's help in any way 
But now these days are gone, I'm not so self assured...” 

meaning that as my body changes, I must adapt, and what a great opportunity to literally “shift gears” and focus on form, smoothness and efficiency.

Less brute quantity or massive speed, but more style!

I've tried it, already, and found it to be an attractive alternative!

No comments: