Friday, November 20, 2020

Ready to fly the Boeing 737 Max?

On Wednesday, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) announced that the embattled Boeing’s 737 Max could fly again, some 20 months after it was grounded for two bad crashes. 

So the next question I’m asking myself is “Can I trust liars like Boeing and the FAA this time around”. That’s indeed the big problem with lying, a dubious practice that leaves irremovable stains, even though that style of communication been widely legalized by Trump over the past four years. 

In an attempt to break the public’s skepticism, Stephen Dickson, the FAA big boss declared, as he was officially lifting the grounding: “I am 100 percent comfortable with my family flying on it.” The question that immediately came to my mind was: “Does this man really love his family?” 

We have all been there with software upgrades that weren’t what they were billed for, from Android, to Apple or Microsoft. From what I’ve been able to learn, this modified plane can’t fly with a complex software crutch. In my view, it should be discontinued and sent to the scrapyard. 

Why would Boeing and the FAA deserve our unfettered truth after what they’ve been telling us in recent years? Well for one thing, Boeing's CEO, David Calhoun, is expected to get a $7 million bonus if he can to get the 737 Max to fly again and I’m certain that Boeing will wine and dine other air safety agencies the world over to ease into the end of the ban.

As for me, I think I’ll wait a couple more years after the plane has been put back in service, without any problem, to venture myself inside that bird!

No comments: