Tuesday, November 17, 2020

What have I learned from Covid-19?

We are beginning our ninth month under the Covid menace and what have we done with all that precious time that should have yielded a host of opportunities to learn, grow as a person, even recreate and adding something meaningful to our lives? 

In many cases, a lot of folks were caught like a deer in the headlights, just frozen in place. I tried to ask myself that question and had not much to show for it in terms of tangible realizations. I started meditating seriously, but that began sometime in January, before I had even heard the word “pandemic”. 

We also did some improvement around the house, but those would have happened virus or not. That’s when it downed on me, how fast and spontaneously we very quickly learned to accept and adapt to the new situation. 

If someone had asked me last December, if the entire humanity, could turn on a dime and adapt so fast, I would have said “Absolutely no way!”, but here we are. Except for a few fanatic and boneheads, everyone followed the rules and ADAPTED to the new situation without much resistance, like I did. 

A powerful rebuke to “You can’t teach old dogs new tricks!” We can see that the human being is highly adaptable. Fear of dying must be a great motivator indeed!

No comments: