Friday, November 19, 2021

Citizen of the world

Ever since I was a kid and began traveling the world over, I have gradually felt myself a home most anywhere I happened to be and this feeling has blossomed into considering myself a true citizen of the world. I don’t feel more American than French or Australian if I ever chose to live there. 

My home is the blue planet, the small bluish ball seen from space, without visible borders, nationalism and ideological conflicts. 

Just like geese fly freely from Canada to Mexico, fish swim freely the great oceans, fleas jump inside containers bound for all corners of the world, or Covid-19 knows no boundaries on the planet, I feel just like them and love the freedom to move around and claim my home just where I spend the night. 

I simply adapt to my new environment and to the prevailing rules where I happen to be. I believe world citizenship this is the way of the future and the only key to world peace. 

With modern technology, it could be implemented simply, gradually and with a small set of rules, at least to get the whole thing started. 

Of course, politicians don’t like the idea because it dilutes their importance, their impact and stifles their ambitions, but when the dust settles, aren’t we all citizen of the same world?

No comments: