Monday, November 1, 2021

Buddhism, reincarnation and me…

I like the basic concept of Buddhism, yet I have a tough time dealing with its story of reincarnation. 

My first reaction to that faith’s tenet is “Why in the world should we go through a series of lives, just to suffer and remember nothing from all of them?” 

That’s right, I can’t remember any of my previous lives, unless I have just started my cycle, which I doubt, as I should have begun at the very least as some obscure and nondescript microbe… 

Just ask around and try to find out if your family members, friends or world colleagues remember anything from their lives as bird or pig, and I guarantee you they won’t. 

Only convinced Buddhist monks, scholars or the Dalai-Lama himself, sometime pretend to remember, so you get my drift. 

That pretty much concludes that one incarnation is more than enough for the vast majority of people and definitely the maximum I can stand!

No comments: