Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Revolt at the ski school

As I explained eight years ago under the “Avoriaz ski school saga”, an ugly conflict developed over the summer when I was in Australia. 

It eventually came to a head, at the annual pre-season gathering of my instructor colleagues, and I was chosen as the spokesperson to voice half of the ski school grivances to our director Edmond Denis. While 

I was able to speak in front of a group, my communication style could have been much, much better, and once I had said my piece, my fate was set for the remainder of my career in Avoriaz. 

From there, I'd learn a bunch of things from my new vantage point, including the fact that I had been instrumentalized by Francois Baud, an honorary member of the ski school who couldn’t stand Edmond Denis.

Also, I learned right here and there that it’s not just WHAT we say in life, but rather HOW we say it and while some modicum of IQ helps, the most important gift in life is Emotional Intelligence, a domain I had yet to discover... https://go-11.blogspot.com/2013/11/the-avoriaz-ski-school-saga.html

No comments: