Tuesday, February 1, 2022

A precious club membership

Each morning when I get up, I’m delighted to know that I’m still a member of that very special club that includes all living humans. 

Yep, my membership is still good for another 24 hours! 

While that membership is free, it’s totally guaranteed to lapse, but no one, even most of those on death row in America, knows for sure. When it lapses, it often comes a surprise, and generally a bad one for the next of kin, except for the member, once excluded, he can’t realize it fully.

One friend of mine is complaining that they’re too many members, that 2 billion, not 8, would be more than enough, so I told him “You can start by canceling your membership!” but he didn’t find that funny at all. 

My plan is to remain a member in good standing for as long as I can. What do I mean by “good standing”? It’s simple, I just remain healthy, mobile and fully spirited.

By the way, don’t lose the card!

No comments: