Thursday, February 17, 2022

When skiing’s bad...

Of my 37 winter seasons at Park City, this current season is turning out to be one of the worst I’ve ever experienced. 

Without even mentioning the dismal and irritating performance of the Park City Mountain resort under Vail Resorts’ management, the snow that fell at Christmas is now wearing, thin, becoming excessively hard and super-bumpy, so when I find myself alone on the mountain, I begin to explore places I’ve never been to or seen before, in an effort to broaden my knowledge of the place. 

You may call this “continuing education”. By doing that, I can get a good measure all the nooks and crannies I still am not familiar with, and it shows me, once more, that one is never done learning. This means that the expression “I’m bored and don’t know what to do!” may be found in a teenager vocabulary, but never in a septuagenarian’s. 

So, if you wonder what I do when I leave my house, alone, to go skiing, “I keep on exploring!”

No comments: