Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Retracing my steps

While skiing, a bad fall or a missed passage will never be allowed to remain, without my immediately trying to erase the misdeed and do it over and well the second time. 

This applies not just to my skiing, but to my multiple and frequent failures in any other areas of my life. Simple superstition? 

Perhaps, but I systematically try to “erase” the mistake through a do-over that generally works out. 

I probably don’t want to leave a negative imprint inside my consciousness and this is also, in part, a good reason while fear or regrets never find a fertile ground inside my mind. 

I see that routine as a way to redeem myself and leave no bad taste in my mouth. 

Have I always followed this procedure? Absolutely not; it’s pretty recent, but I find it works wonders for me. 

Try it!

No comments: