Saturday, February 26, 2022

Just content

This morning as I was meditating I felt content. That’s it, just content. 

Nothing was wrong anywhere in my my mind, my body or my life, and I was not feeling the pain, the anguishes, the suffering, the doubts that have been part and parcel of my becoming who I am. 

Was everything perfect? Probably not, but that wasn’t the important element. 

My contentment at the moment was what really counted. I had forgotten all of the negative stuff, close or remote, and none of it mattered to me. 

What counted was the feeling that that I was myself and that I felt good about who I had become. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Building who we are isn’t always pretty, easy or painless, but once in a while isn’t it great to stop, even just for a moment, to contemplate the current result and feel good about it? 

No just that, but isn’t it good too, to feel that if we take care of what we must do, it can only get better?

 

No comments: