Monday, May 30, 2022

I love a rainy night...

On Saturday we were promised rain that never came. I was so disappointed. You see, rain has become a rarity in Park City. In winter we got snow but the rest of year, our tiny paradise has become far too dry. 

When we first moved to town in the 80s, an afternoon rainstorm was almost the rule. Now these refreshing events have become a happening of the past. 

Sure, long term weather forecaster had told us about a drying up of the American Southwest, but like the vast majority of the people I know didn’t believe or didn’t paid too much attention to that dire prediction. And it’s been here with us for decade. 

The West is running out of water, we’re scared of forest fire and having to breathe ashes and micro-particles the whole summer! So, when it began raining between Saturday and Sunday, I feel elated. Finally Mother Nature had made the right move and listened to my deep wishes. 

As it neither fails, the Eddie Rabbit’s song “I love a rainy night” came to my mind and at 1:45 am, I silently hummed the tune… 

No comments: