Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The curse of excess

Like many of us, I keep several email addresses; I find them convenient and have them forwarded to my main email account. The problem is that with so many addresses, I end up doing a terrible job managing them. Following the “death” of my last computer, I've been re-organizing all of my files and am now considering getting rid of my Microsoft address tool and use instead a Google email account.

This way, when my new computer “kicks the bucket,” I won't have to struggle transferring addresses and retrieving my old email. In going into each account, I've found a few “good” email messages lumped into the “junk” folder. I've fixed the problem and addressed the missed message, but the lesson learned is that with multiplicity comes responsibility and I need to do a much better job managing my plural email accounts...

No comments: