Saturday, April 11, 2009

Death of a computer

This morning as I was typing furiously, my three year old Dell computer died at my fingertips without giving me a fair warning that could have allowed me to conduct a last minute backup in order to save all my files. Like for us humans, computer death generally comes without any warning and seldom fail to take us by total surprise. What was worse this time however was that I needed my trusted companion to edit a long series of images that I would need to get ready by this next Monday morning. With that in mind, time was of the essence and I needed a replacement machine as soon as humanly possible. >I jumped in the car, drove down to Salt Lake City, found a new computer and paid a premium to have the data transferred on the spot as tomorrow is Easter. Not the best way to buy, not much in terms of comparison shopping, but what else can you do, when resurrection is the only element that counts!

No comments: