Thursday, October 1, 2009

First snow of the season

It was announced ahead of time and after much overnight wind and heavy rain, yesterday ended up being our first snowy day of the season. I wasn't happy as this would force me to cover our salads, garage our flowers and put mountain biking on hold for a few days, especially as another snow storm is in store for this coming Sunday and Monday. Many folks get all excited with an early dump as they feel that the ski season is just around the corner.

There's a lot of anticipation built into the snow culture; I know a lot of skiers who don't think twice before ruining their equipment when on thin, rocky snow and sketchy conditions; yet, when the end of March comes around these same people are done and are already turning to golfing, boating or gardening. I'm a slow starter; I'm of the opinion that we can do just fine without a trace of snow until November 15 and I never get too excited until January, but when I do, my dedication to skiing will last through May!

No comments: