Saturday, October 10, 2009

Free ski gear

It's been quite a long time since I have to pay for my ski gear; to be precise, since 1995. Before that, I enjoyed of course that pretty cool status of ski-insider who could get pretty much what he wanted for... free! This benefit came with many strings attached; for one thing you couldn't ski in anything you would have liked. You needed to follow the unwritten rules of competition; namely, if you worked for Lange it was hard to slip your foot into a Salomon and so forth.

Today, I buy my equipment and my ski clothes and I find this to be a lot healthier. I don't owe anything to anyone and can pick what I'm convinced will work best for me. Sure, it's a bit pricier, but it doesn't have to suffer from gaping compromises. In the final analysis, I only have to use products I believe in and that work best for me.

No comments: