Tuesday, November 26, 2013

More ski testing...

Sunday was the turn for my pair of Rossignol S3 “rock skis” to hit the snow in my second day on skis this season. While they're said to be “an all-mountain powder ski with an award-winning blend of versatility and float...”, the skis were a bit longer and heavier than the Salomons I tested the day before and felt more stable and a tad more maneuverable.

In fact, quite predictably, the other skis were lighter, shorter, therefore quicker and easier to move around. My take-away from this couple of tests is that buying skis at the annual ski-swap can be a wonderful deal if we know ski gear and have a clear idea of what you need.

Once more I enjoyed my couple of hours on skis and upgraded these two pairs of “rock skis” to almost “spanking brand new skis” and I will take as good care of them as I would if these boards came out of the box. Okay, what happened to my rock skis now?

No comments: