Monday, November 11, 2013

Ski-swap: Skis as tires...

This weekend, I paid a visit to the Park City annual ski swap. This is a really huge event. My rock skis (2 pairs) are beat up and I needed to replace them. I found one pair of 186 cm Rossi, with bindings, and one pair of Salomon 180 cm (boards only) and pay less than $250 for both.

The base and the edges looked good and that's pretty much all I care for. You see, my skis are just like car tires. You may be a fan of Michelin or prefer Continental, but let's be honest, when you've been driving for a while, if the two sets of tires are of decent quality, who cares and who can really tell the difference?

That's right, we all adapt and I'm looking forward to adapting to my new rock skis. Chances are, I'll end up using them more than my “new skis” even if we get buried under the tons of snow that we're long due to receive this coming winter!

No comments: